Thread on why a product exchange is not a substantial equivalent to a post advertisement:
4. A brand will continue to benefit from the ad via sales making hundreds, if not thousands. But once the influencer received the product thats the end of the benefits for them. So brand continues to profit off the ad while the influencers got 0 dollars... but hey nice gift 🙃
5. “High quality content and access to an influencers large, dedicated audience comes at a price. For many influencers, creating content is their full time job. And they’ve worked for years perfecting their craft and building a following.”
-Influencer Marketing Hub.
3. Creation expenses. That backdrop, that outfit, that lighting, it all costs money. And to keep the viewer experience fresh, new stuff is often required.
1. The influencers receive the product to advertise the product anyways
2. You wouldn’t pay a billboard company in lipgloss to advertise lipgloss. That billboard company isn’t doing advertisement to get lipgloss, they’re doing advertisement to get money. Same goes for influencers. 🙂
Include Influencers in your advertising budget.
Pay Your Influencers. Period.
How are you a whole brand with no budget for influencers? You pay to advertise anywhere else. Why do you come to me, a person who’s livelihood is content creation and marketing, and expect to receive free advertisement?
When I was pitching my voice to @Jeep creatives, my dear friend @ChristiBowenVO sent me this hat. It was such a thoughtful, sweet gift! While I'm not actively doing #KB4Jeep anymore, I still wear it often.
Happy #NationalHatDay! What are your favorites?
#VO #Voiceover #Jeep